St George, Burford and Paris Minor Hockey Associations are seeking a joint Association Referee In Chief / Officials Assignor for the upcoming 2016-2017 season. Interested candidates should
complete the online applications form which will be automatically forwarded to all associations. . This form is available on the Paris Minor Hockey website www.parisminorhockey.com
. We thank everyone in advance for wishing to be part of our Association and successful candidates will further be contacted for a personal interview. Our goal is to stream line the Officials game assignments and work within our Associations to mutually benefit our members and Officials staff. Deadline for submissions is Tuesday May 10.
An expected job description is listed below
Referee In Chief/Assignor
The duties of the Referee In Chief/Assignor are as follows:
- Shall ensure that all games under the jurisdiction of the Association are officiated by competent, responsible individuals who conduct themselves in accordance with the official rules of the game and the policies and procedures of the Association.
- May or may not be a referee or game official, but must have full comprehensive understanding of the rules and regulations pertaining to game officials.
- Assign or ensure a responsible substitue is delegated to assign appropriate officials for all league, play-off and exhibition games under the jurisdiction of the Association (i.e. House League and Representative League)
- Assigns and schedules officials for Association tournaments in coordination with the Tournament Coordinator.
- Use of approved Officials software from Association.
- Responsible to coordinate with OMHA Referee-In-Chief for assignment of OMHA representive games.
- Advisor for the Association on all matters pertaining to rules & regulations.
- Recruitment and training of qualified officials for the Association.
- Recommend and organize Referee Clinics as required and/or by the Association.
- Attend monthly Association Executive meetings as necessary.
- Assist in coordinating training programs for all referees.
- Shall be responsible to review for approval a schedule of game fees to the Association in accordance to the rules & regulations governing the Officials.
- Coordinate Officials meetings and report back to Association Executive Committee if need be.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Association Executive Committee or the President.